Submission Preparation ChecklistAs part of the submission process, authors are required to check off their submission's compliance with all of the following items, and submissions may be returned to authors that do not adhere to these guidelines.
- Manuscripts must be unpublished and cannot have been previously sent to other journals for publication (if so, an explanation must be provided in the “Comments for the Editor” section).
- Microsoft Word (.DOCX) or Open Document Format (.ODT) file formats required.
- The DOI (Digital Object Identifier), if any, must be provided as a secure URL link, in full and with no prefixes, at the end of each entry. To check DOIs included in a reference list, go to CrossRef’s Simple Text Query form.
- Complete, up-to-date information is provided on the authors of the manuscript. Required details: full name, institutional affiliation (full name, without acronyms), country, email address and ORCID identifier.
- Texts must comply with the style and bibliography requirements set forth in the Guidelines for Authors, available on the About the Journal section. Failure to comply with this requirement shall result in automatic rejection without refereeing.
- When sending a manuscript in for peer review, the instructions available on our How to guarantee anonymous peer review section must be followed.
Authors publishing in this journal agree to the following terms:
1 Copyright. Authors retain copyright, but cede non-exclusive exploitation rights (reproduction, distribution, public communication and transformation) to the journal and grant the journal right of first publication with the work simultaneously licensed under the licence set out in clause 2. Authors are free to enter into additional agreements for non-exclusive distribution of works published in this journal, as long as the fact that the manuscripts were first published in this journal is acknowledged.
© The authors.
2 Licence. Works are published in this journal under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International (CC BY 4.0) licence, the terms and conditions of which are available at https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/
Under this licence, third parties are allowed to share (copy and redistribute the material in any medium or format) and adapt (remix, transform and build upon the material for any purpose, even commercially) the material, as long as its authorship and initial publication in this journal (Alicante Journal of English Studies / Revista Alicantina de Estudios Ingleses, University of Alicante, DOI of the work) are acknowledged, a link to the licence is provided and the fact of whether or not any changes were made is stated.
3 Self-archiving policy. Authors are encouraged to disseminate their work online in order to promote earlier circulation and dissemination of their work and possibly get more citations and achieve higher impact within the scientific and academic community, under the following conditions:
Authors are not allowed to upload preprint or postprint versions (respectively, versions before and after peer-review and acceptance for publication) of their work to an institutional or thematic repository, their own website, etc. prior to publication, only the final published article (publisher's version).
Pursuant to the data protection legislation in force, you are hereby informed that the University of Alicante will process the data collected about registered and non-registered users of this journal for managing, publishing and disseminating scientific articles and peer-reviewed scientific journals. The information collected is needed to contact those involved in the editorial process, authorship and content publishing, as well as to keep registered users informed.
In the framework of the above processing, your data will not be shared with third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.
You are hereby informed that you may exercise your rights regarding the processing of your personal data by submitting an application addressed to the University of Alicante Office of the Comptroller at the UA Registry Office, pursuant to Law 39/2015, of 1 October, on the provisions governing public administrations and common administrative procedures. You can submit your application personally at the UA registry offices listed at https://sar.ua.es/en/registro/, or electronically through the Electronic Registry available on the UA E-Services Portal https://seuelectronica.ua.es/.